Tips for a great shortsale hardship letter?
The objective of a short sale hardship letter is to tell your story to your lender explaining the circumstances by which you fell behind on payments.
When crafting your short sale hardship letter, you should:
- Express embarrassment at your situation.
- Be honest with what happened.
- Don’t hold back key details, even if they are hard to share (because of shame)
- Everything you say you must be able to PROVE
- Take responsibility for what happened.
- Maintain a positive tone of voice.
- Express gratitude to the bank for reviewing your short sale.
- Emotional plea for help – “I am in distress and I need your help.”
If you have questions, or need help with putting together a short sale hardship letter, please contact us right away!