If I qualify for the Home Affordable Modification, how do I get a loan modification done through my lender?
Call your lender and ask for a HopeNow specialist or someone who handles loan modifications.
Your lender will require the following information:
- First mortgage monthly statement
- Second mortgage monthly statement and any other liens on the property
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements
- Tax returns
- Financial worksheet (provided by your lender)
- Any other supporting financial documentation – child support, alimony, profit and loss statement
- Any proof of hardship – medical bills, job loss, etc.