How to hire and qualify a realtor Houston TX who specializes in short sales?
Don’t gamble your financial future on a realtor who knows nothing about short sales. Make sure you do your due diligence and find a realtor Houston TX who specializes in short sale transactions.
So how do you qualify a realtor Houston TX who specializes in short sales? Once you have a short list of real estate agents that you have identified as specializing in short sales, next you want to interview these agents to see if they are a good fit to get a good result for you and protect your interests.
Key questions you want to ask to qualify a short sale specialist are:
- How long have you been negotiating short sales? If they just started negotiating short sales this year, you should be worried. You want 3 years minimum of short sale negotiating experience.
- What banks have they worked with? You’d like to test the agent to see if they have worked with your bank before you reveal any information about your situation. You should ask what the short sale process was like in working with your bank.
- Can the agent describe a recent short sale negotiation. What results did you achieve for your client?
- Have you ever had a short sale fail to get approved? How did you resolve the situation? Not all short sales get approved. So you are looking for the integrity of the agent. You want to test the agent to see how they handled a bad outcome? Did the agent learn anything from that experience?
- How would your short sale clients describe you? This can be helpful to get some insight on the agent’s perception of their abilities.
It can be hard to get a sense of someone’s work ethic, communication style, and professionalism until after you have hired the agent. The key things you are testing for are experience, integrity, and persistence. Agents who are persistent are the ones who have the most success with short sales.